North Carolina sits in hurricane alley, and we’ve certainly experienced our share of hurricanes over the last couple of years. Hurricanes can cause lots of damage – water, wind and mold damage are just a few things that can disrupt your business.
Did you know that 50% of businesses who are affected by a disaster may not recover? And the number one reason a business WILL survive a disaster strike is because they have a plan in place.
The Jones Companies in Jacksonville/Onslow County is here to help area businesses put a plan in place so they can be prepared for a disaster. By developing an emergency plan for your business, interruptions will be minimal because you’ll have an immediate plan of action in case a disaster occurs. Knowing what to expect and what to do is key for your business on how to handle the possible effects of water and mold.
What’s in an emergency plan?
- Priority contact information for the business
- A list of personnel, their contact information and duties/responsibilities after the disaster
- Building details such as the floor plan, breaker boxes, shut off valves and any other things that may need immediate attention
- A document containing critical information needed in the event of an emergency such as username and passwords to office equipment and accounts
- A list of external organizations that may be available to assist you and your business
- And, a plan to help you get back on premises – then back to work
For more information on how to put together an emergency plan, call The Jones Companies in Jacksonville/Onslow County at 910-455-9960 and one of our professionals can help you.